Friday, February 19, 2010

February 19

Wednesday we spent the day in Tarangire National Park, about an hour away from camp. We were doing a wildlife count for Wildlife Management class. It was amazing, we saw over 300 elephants! around lunchtime we went to the safari lodge in the park and went swimming in the pool.

We took a game drive out of the park, and looked sooo hard for lions, but didn't see any. Then we stopped at Dr. Kissui's research station, where he does lion research for David Packer's Lion project in Tarangire. It was an amazing day.

African sickness that night and all day yesterday.So, when Sarah got up she gave me some Gatorade and told me I didn't have to go to class, and I just laid in bed all day. Thankfully it was only a 24hr thing, I feel much much better today. I actually asked Allie if I woke her up when I got up to go to the bathroom multiple times that night, and she said she kinda woke up, but she was dreaming about dinosaurs, so every time I got up she thought I was just going to battle evil dinosaurs. Thankfully, last night I didn't battle a single dinosaur.

Today we walked to people's farms interviewing them about human-wildlife conflicts. The last home we went into had an amazing poster on the wall titled OBAMA THE CHAMPION, and had pictures of winning athletes with Obama's head photoshopped onto them. Like, US Olympic runners, body builders, one of him boxing McCain..hilarious and amazing.

Now, I have 2 papers to write for Swahili and Environmental Policy.
Tomorrow we have a Non-scheduled Program day, and we're visiting an orphanage and then going to a lodge to go swimming and eat lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment